Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cebu Subway tunnel: Philippines' first





Inaugurated last June 10, 2010. Former Phillipine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo was there to initiate the inauguration. The CEBU subway tunnel is the first subway in the Philippines. The cebu subway stretches from SRP ( south road project) going down to Plaza independecia and fort san pedro and ends at Sergio Osmenia blvd.

Last Aug 02,2010, was my first time to see this subway! I was amazed with the construction and the lightings. It consist of four lane, both directions. The management still planning to put security cameras to monitor whats happening inside the tunnel. The Tunnel is maintained by the Department of Public Works and Highway- region 7 . Apparently, I must say its world class!

The Tunnel is open during rush hours; form 6am-9am then form 5pm- 8pm.


Image form: studio maestro corporation ( Micheal Montano photography)

3 comments:

  1. I THINK THIS IS NOT THE FIRST SUBWAY IN THE PHILIPPINES... HOW ABOUT THE SUBWAYS HERE IN MANILA, PARTICULARLY THE ONE IN PASAY CITY, IN KATIPUNAN-C5 ROAD, AND IN FAIRVIEW Q.C. AREA?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just my two cents!!!

    I guess the name of the so called subway is very misleading....

    "subway" is an underground urban railroad--I think it would be more appropriate to just call it Cebu Underground Tunnel…just an opinion pips.

    ReplyDelete