Friday, December 16, 2011

Versus The Da Vinci Code

The New York Daily News describes the book as “one hell of the read…”.The New York times hailed the book as breath taking : “Not since the advent of Harry Potter has the author so flagrantly delighted in leading readers on a breathless chase’’.


It’s almost a decade since the first publication of the Da Vinci code, 2003 to be exact but I don’t have any interest of this book not until this year 2011.  Well apparently I was force to read it because for almost four months now, I don’t have any means to entertain my self to fight this boredom in the absence of the idiot box and internet connection. I’m back to basic-BOOKS!

I turned into the Number one New York Times Best Seller and Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code.  So the book has 104 chapters. It mainly talks about the Holy Grail, Relationship of Jesus Christ to Mary Magdalene, The Priory of Sion, Opus dei and of course the Catholic Church. Obviously the Da Vinci code was against the Catholic Church, but I don’t think I have to summarize the story. I am certain that you all have read the book religiously.  Though the main Character like Robert Langdon, Sophia Nevue came from the imagination of the author but the settings where the story happens, the places, paintings that are mentioned in some chapters, architectures, etc are all facts. Some Chapters for me was a sort of blasphemy to Jesus Christ and also to the Catholic Church.   As I reached chapter 61 to 83 specifically I talks about Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene, Particularly their true intimate relationship to each other. And I would like echo on what I have just said that Da Vinci code was clearly against some of the teachings of the Catholic Church.

I’m certain that this book is a fiction. If its not, the book should have been in the general information section at the book store where I bought it. As you can see at the spine of the book it is categorized as fiction.  A fiction as we defined it as  form of any narrative or informative work that deals, in part or in whole, with information or events that are not factual, but rather, imaginary—that is, invented by the author.   So it’s clearly a product of Brown’s imagination and its quest in finding the True Nature of the HOLY GRAIL. This is the other story of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene opposite to the bible and to the Catholic Church. I am certain that this is a Novel and a fiction. NO more, no less.


“In the End, which side of the story you believe becomes the matter of faith. And personal exploration…” - Robert Langdon

The image above was found by Google Image Search and may be subject to trademark or copyright


No comments:

Post a Comment